Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Welcome back to Amanda’s blog!

Since the time I’ve last written to my magnificent readers, I’ve been working on promoting a band with a group. My group, Onil Drore, Sophie Solorana, and I came up with innovating and creative marketing and distribution ideas in order to successfully represent what we had in store for our audience. To follow this, we directed and produced a music video which was not to mention, a pleasure to be apart of. We presented our band, The Void, which is all about confronting daily issues and raising awareness through our lyrics.
Starting from scratch is quite a challenge. My group and I did extensive research on a company called RCA Records. Moreover, we looked into two specific bands to get some marketing and distribution tips that were successful. From Foo Fighters and The Weathers, we found that having a website with tour dates, merchandise, contact abilities, as well as other information was vital and essential for our band. Social media and streaming platforms are also extremely important as they attract a variety of people, staying in touch with our fans was our number one priority. With this research, we decided to go the same route and take on these marketing and distribution techniques, as they were proven to be successful.
To continue, we created products to market our band in the best way possible. We wanted to really focus on our Instagram account → @the.void.media out of all the social media platforms, ultimately making it our most popular source. We recognized that if we have too many platforms to keep up with, some could potentially lack information, which we did not want. Our stylish merchandise is made in all sizes so everyone can be apart of The Void. It is made for all genders and the colors are very generic, appealing to a diversity of people. Check out our website https://voidband.weebly.com/ !


To wrap this posting up, I had a blast coming up with ideas for our band as well as learning new things that I previously did not know. For example, making a music video was more challenging than I expected it to be. It contained many people, and we had to make sure we got the right shots and everyone was cooperating. Time management is extremely important and from this project, I am more prepared and comfortable taking on my portfolio project. Having a plan and not waiting till last minute will help Onil and I be super efficient and successful. Keep your eyes open for my next posting! Rock on.

Xoxo,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is my CCR!  Lots of love, Amanda